Curtin Writers Club is a space to give students the opportunities to network, improve their writing skills and get published.
We take submissions in any form of writing, including short stories, articles, blog entries, reviews, poetry, essays, and other writing. These can include past assignments, as long as they have been marked and returned at the time of submission.
You can also submit your writing to our very own Coze Journal, an annual print publication of CWC Members' writing.
Email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org using your preferred email address.
In the subject line of your email, please include the following information:
Author Name, 'Title of Piece' - Website Submission
Website Submission Guidelines
Please submit all work according to the following:
Word document (.doc or .docx) or Google Docs
Double-returns (one line space between paragraphs)
Single quotation marks for dialogue, double quotation marks for quotes
Fully cited with hyperlinks to any digital references
We may contact you if there is an issue with your submission.
For further formatting guidelines, please see our Style Guide (to be added).
Terms and Conditions
We will only accept pieces from members of Curtin Writers Club.
Please submit your work using your preferred email.
Please note that submission does not guarantee publication – pieces will be selected by our committee based on suitability and publishing requirements. Please remember to check your email regularly, as we will contact you to confirm receipt of your submission, and to discuss your piece.
By submitting your work for consideration for Coze Journal you confirm that you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Entrants submitting writing must be members of Curtin Writers Club at the time of submission.
2. All works submitted must be the submitter’s own work. All of our contributors are required to understand that we abide by Curtin University’s guidelines for Academic Integrity.
3. If a work has previously been submitted for assessment at Curtin University, it must be marked and returned to you before it will be eligible for submission to any CWC publication.
4. Entries must be submitted in Word document format or via a Google Docs link, with the author’s name and preferred name for publication (if required) in the email.
5. Entry is free.
6. Entries must be written predominantly in English.
7. The club cannot guarantee submissions will be published, and accepted submissions are subject to edits by the club’s Editorial team in conjunction with the author’s vision.
8. As a Curtin-based student club, we reflect Curtin University’s values of respect and integrity. This will be taken into account during the selection and editing processes. Views presented in accepted submissions do not reflect the views of the club.
9. Copyright of submitted works will remain the property of the author/artist. By submitting your work for consideration, you authorise Curtin Writers Club to use, reproduce, publish and communicate the work for publication and promotion purposes in connection with Curtin Writers Club. Simultaneous submissions are
acceptable, but you must notify the club in the case of your work being accepted for publication elsewhere. You are free to re-publish your work elsewhere.
Submission of any work is automatic and immediate acceptance of the above Terms and Conditions.
If you're submitting a piece and have any photos related to the article, feel free to send them in to accompany your piece.
Make sure that you've either taken the photos yourself, have an image source we can cite or have sourced it from a site which provides royalty-free images (e.g. pexels, unsplash, etc.). For all pieces sent in without photos, we will be using our own stock images.